- This event has passed.
PEPG Considerations: COVID-19 Impact Webinar
May 11, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Presenter: Curtis Jack
Webinar Link: https://meet.google.com/myr-dwto-cyo
Latest MDOE direction on PEPG re: Covid-19 impact
Discussion / decision re: pepg moving forward
- Information from DOE (MDOE newsletter handout)
- Topic to consider:
~Probationary teachers pepg
~Continuing contract teacher pepg
~Preparation/training for fall of school year 20-21
- Approaches from districts across the state
- 3. Summary/Next Steps
- 4. Next Meeting: date/time/location, if applicable
Curt: States PEPG Update
From MDOE priority notice update 2-25-20
PEPG: DOE will not hold SAUs accountable for compliance with state statute/regulations regarding professional growth/supervision & evaluation systems. Enforcement of locally developed and/or adopted policies, programs, and systems remain at the discretions of local SAUs.
- The state is giving permission to districts to put PEPG on hold for this year, but the district can make the decision regarding what/how it is done.
- Steering committee should be in the loop and approve decisions
Discussion from other districts:
Re: Probationary teachers in 3rd year 19-20
- In light of the hardships proposed during this period of time of distant learning that third year probationary teachers would have a contract renewal decision made based upon the whole of their probationary years existing PEPG work.
Re: Continuing contract teachers re: school year 19-20
- The PEPG committee has decided that the PEPG responsibilities for all other staff for the school year 19-20 be extended to the end of the 20-21 school year, allowing the work that was completed prior to closing due to coronavirus to be carried over to the beginning of the 20-21 school year.
Was: observations, slos, growth plan 8-30-19 to 6-30-20
Now: observations, slos, growth plan 8-30-19 to 6-30-21