- This event has passed.
Focused Teacher Evaluation Model – Curtis Jack
August 20 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Learning Sciences International, working with Marzano, has developed an updated and streamlined model of teacher evaluation. Replacing the 60 element “Legacy” model, the Focused Teacher Evaluation Model (FTEM) has been revised into 23 elements. In addition, the FTEM model has been designed to support standards-based education practices and implementation. The resulting model helps districts not only provide staff with a research-based method of developing strong professional practices, but also with accurate, timely, usable performance feedback.
Curtis Jack, a retired Maine administrator, has been working as a private consultant since 2013 helping districts develop, implement, and revise their Professional Evaluation Professional Growth (PEPG) systems. He will share his experience with districts that have moved from the Legacy Marzano model to the FTEM model to help districts as they transition to the new model.
Session outcomes include:
- Participants will be able to explain the differences and similarities between the Legacy and the FTEM Marzano models, as well as the structure of the FTEM model itself.
- Participants will be able to explain:
a. How Marzano’s FTEM and iObservation fit into the PEPG process
b.How to use the Focused Teacher Evaluation Model for evaluation and growth
- Participants will be able to use the FTEM in iObservation
- Participants will be able to explain to the FTEM and its use to others
- Districts will come away with a transition plan that includes the logistics of setting up for use of the FTEM.