- This event has passed.
Connecting Mathematics Instruction: Visible Learning for Mathematics, Gr. 6-12
May 17 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
With Michelle Mailhot, MDOE
The second full-day session will focus on promoting teacher clarity through designing and planning mathematics instruction leveraging high impact strategies identified in John Hattie’s work Visible Learning for Mathematics Grades K-12. Participants will be expected to implement their learning and return with evidence of implementation for the next in-person meeting. In addition, there will be virtual check-in opportunities in between the sessions to provide support and answer questions.
During these sessions participants will:
- Explore the meaning of “Visible Learning” specific to mathematics learning and teaching
- Learn about the related research around specific strategies that have been shown to successfully impact student learning in mathematics
- Understand how knowledge of the research based strategies impact planning and instruction
- Apply these understandings using a planning framework
Participants will be provided a copy of:
- Visible Learning for Mathematics Grades K-12
- 16 contact hours at end of series upon completion of survey
Non-member Cost: $100.00 per person which includes coffee, lunch, and workshop materials (including the book).
Registration and coffee begins at 8:00
Session: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm